Personal development, self starters and fun. At Shenandoah Valley Golf Club we pride ourselves on creating a culture that fosters those qualities. At Shenandoah Valley Golf Club we believe that our single most valuable resources are our staff members.
If you are interested in joining our team please check back regularly to see what open positions are available.
POSTION: Pro Shop Associate
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Golf Professionals
POSTION SUMMARY: Assist General Manger and Golf Professionals in pro shop operations such as booking tee times, merchandise sales, league and tournament operations, and the overall member & guest experience at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Greet customers, answer the telephone courteously, and complete sales transactions. Complete golf course reservations including reserving and scheduling tee times. Manage inbound tee times using exceptional communication skills and POS. Assist golfer with all aspects of golf, including tee off and utilizing the GHIN (handicap) computer system to post scores. Perform shift opening and closing duties as assigned. Manage sales of golf and merchandise using POS system-communicating specials, promotions, and events with customers clearly and enthusiastically. Ensure merchandise is kept neat, attractively displayed and sufficiently stocked. Operate cash register and receive payment from customer in cash, check or credit card, and accurately count and provide change to customers when applicable. Clean and maintain the pro shop area. Assist outside services with duties as needed. Market the golf course, memberships and special rates to the daily fee players. Assist Golf Professionals with leagues and/or tournament operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: Must be 21 years of age or older. High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in English. Good interpersonal skills. Available to work any day of the week 6:00am – 9:00pm. Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time. Experience with operating a cash register. Good mathematic skills. Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting. Self-motivated with excellent organizational skill and attention to detail. Neat, clean appearance.
Job Type: Part-time Salary: $9.00 /hour
Beverage Cart Attendant
Part-time – Seasonal Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Must maintain a current alcohol handing license
- The ability to read and interpret documents, write and execute basic math skills
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Greet and acknowledge members and guest
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with members and guests at all times
- Learns members’ names and their preferences of beverage
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Professional appearance and personal hygiene a must
- Previous food and beverage service experience preferred
- Ability to sit in a golf cart for extended periods, as well as get in and out of cart easily to serve players
- Available to work weekends and holidays and special Golf tournaments and events
Position Summary: Responsible for serving drinks and snacks to players on the golf course; treating the members and guests professionally and providing excellent customer service. Keep cart organized and rotate inventory. Follow all Shenandoah Valley Golf Club Standard Operating Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory sheet that reflects daily sales
- Stock and clean beverage cart throughout the day
- Confirm cart is fully operational before starting rounds
- Arrive on time and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service to members and guests
- Provide beverage service to members and guests while on the course
- Assure all legal requirements are met pertaining to beverage service
- Maintain and exhibit knowledge of proper golf course etiquette
- Set up and break down beverage cart on a daily basis
- Ensure portable coolers bags are put away in the proper area
- Avoid any confrontations and direct any complaints to the Management
- Ensure member’s tabs are closed to correct member number daily
- Ensure all Shenandoah Valley Golf Club’s standards, policies and procedures are followed
- Turn in all tickets and summary after each shift
- COMPLETE DAILY SHIFT CLOSING DUTIES
- Additional other duties as assigned by General Manager, Food & Beverage Director or Food & Beverage Manager
- Must be able to sit in golf cart extended periods and be able to get in and out easily
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill stocking and cleaning tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular and continuing basis
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs.
- May be required to lift ice buckets weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 150 lbs. occasionally
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Job Type: Part-time Seasonal
Required education: High school or equivalent
- Bartending and Food & Beverage: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Valid Drivers License & Alcohol Handling License
GRILL ROOM ATTENDENT:
Job Summary Serves food and beverage products to members and guests visiting the Grill Room, creating a great customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Greets members and guests and responds to all questions and concerns and offering assistance when needed
- Assists members and guests in food and beverage selection by describing special offerings or menu changes, answering food preparation questions, recording member/guest selections and upselling where possible, relaying orders to kitchen or preparing food directly, identifying any special requests and keying orders into register
- Delivers completed orders to customers providing appropriate accompaniments or garnishes, ensuring that all orders meet proper presentation and quality standards, packaging take-out orders as needed, dispensing or preparing beverages including alcoholic beverages (following proper procedures)
- Calculates bills and collects payment from guests or tickets from members
- Provides members and guests with efficient food service by maintaining attractively merchandised display foods, clean tables, counters, dishes, chairs, floors and equipment, sufficient levels of inventory in storage rooms and refrigerators, proper temperatures in refrigerators and coolers, proper safety, sanitation and food handling standards
- Maintains an efficiently run Grill Room by managing cash drawer (verifying the balance, counting the money and recording the amount and balances at the end of each day), informing management supply shortages and customer requests/comments, monitoring daily play on the course or upcoming events which might affect snack bar operations
- Follows closing procedures (turning off and cleaning appropriate service machines, retrieving condiments, utensils and paper products, storing perishables, preparing the order sheet for the following day and locking snack bar area)
- Adheres to company policies and procedures regarding attendance, timekeeping, dress code and safety
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Professional appearance & personal hygiene required
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcoholic beverages, applicable state card or certificate must be provided if required by state law
- Experience in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment, preferably in golf/hospitality/service industry
- Experience handling cash and credit card transactions
- Effective communication skills (written and oral), strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (Holidays & Weekends required), perform multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently
- Knowledge of applicable liquor laws, procedures and policies, ability to determine signs of intoxication
- Previous Food & Beverage experience preferred
- Knowledge of proper food preparation, storage and sanitation requirements
- Knowledge of inventory control and theft prevention processes
- Ability to operate: calculator, cash register and/or point of sale system, hot dog machine, coffee and soda dispensers, deep fryer, meat slicer, broiler, barbecue grill or flat top grill
- Basic math skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, hear, talk, read, balance, use hands, use fingers, reach stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste, smell, push or pull and shall have the ability to lift or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and sharp objects. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job Type: Part-time seasonal
- This information is designed to present the key duties and requirements necessary to achieve the job’s results. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add, or delete the functions of this position at any time.
HOUSEKEEPER Job Description
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observe precautions required to protect club and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors, using brooms, mops, or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses.
- Hang draperies and dust window blinds.
- Sort articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens and store them in linen closets..
- Remove debris from driveways, garages, and other areas.
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Extent Flexibility- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Trunk Strength- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Stamina- The ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Near Vision- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Must be dependable and be able to work weekend hours.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 /hour Required education:
High school or equivalent Required experience:
Bartending and Food & Beverage: 1 year Required license or certification:
Valid Drivers License & Alcohol Handling License If you think you are the candidate we are looking for. Please submit your resume for consideration firstname.lastname@example.org OR stop by to apply in person Or Click here to apply
Golf – Maintenance Crew:
This is an opportunity to be part of the crew that keeps Shenandoah Valley Golf Club’s highly ranked golf course, looking and playing great.
In this position, you will help prepare, maintain, and/or repair tees, cups, traps, greens, roughs, fairways, bunkers, and involves the use of hand tools, weed-eaters, fly-mowers, mowing equipment, fertilizer spreaders, and other maintenance tools. Work is performed under supervision, according to specific instruction given by management staff and/or course Superintendent. Employees may be exposed to constant physical exertion, loud noise, machinery, dirt, dust, chemical odors, and extreme weather conditions.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about the care and proper use of tools and equipment used in the development and maintenance of greens, tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers, hazards, and general grounds of a golf course
- Ability to quickly learn maintenance, care, and construction of greens, tees, fairways, hazards, bunkers, irrigation systems, and general grounds of a golf course
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about turf disease, insects and rodents, chemicals, and the methods used to control these elements
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about the rules of golf
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees and the public.
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to work flexible hours with weekend and holiday work required
- Ability to report for work on time and perform the duties of the job for an entire workday
- Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing more than 100 pounds with assistance
- Responsible for the safe operation of any equipment used
- Perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance and construction
- May sit, stand, stoop, climb ladders and walk for long periods of time
- Clean, maintain, and service equipment
- Cut grass with power equipment and hand tools
- Loads and unloads dirt, gravel, sand and debris
- Pick up trash on the golf course, in the maintenance building, and on the clubhouse grounds
- Communicate effectively with other employees in the maintenance department and pro shop area
- Operate various hand tools, including but not limited to, weed eater, backpack sprayer, backpack blower and water hose
PART TIME – 10.50 PER HOUR
Ensure the availability of clean kitchen wares by washing dishes, pots, pans, flatware and resetting the dining area. Preparing dining and kitchen areas for next shift by cleaning, restocking dining area and cook stations.
Job duties as followed but not limited to:
- Wash Dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, pans, using dishwasher or by hand
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, utensils in a clean and orderly fashion
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pick up areas
- Sweep and Scrub floors
- Clean trash bays and trash cans
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
- Help Chef with preparing and plating of meals
- Various Kitchen duties (cleaning & stocking)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour